My Blog List

Monday, May 16, 2011

Tuesday

Seventh Kathisma

For the End: A Psalm Concerning the Sons of Kore, 46.

Clap your hands, all ye nations; shout unto God with a voice of rejoicing, For the Lord Most High is terrible, a great King over all the earth. He hath subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He hath chosen us for His inheritance, the beauty of Jacob, which He loved. God is gone up in jubilation, the Lord with the voice of the trumpet. O chant unto our God, chant ye; chant unto our King, chant ye. For God is king of all the earth, O chant ye with understanding. God is king over the nations, God sitteth upon His holy throne. The princes of the peoples are gathered together with the God of Abraham; for God's mighty ones of the earth are greatly exalted.

An Ode for the Sons of Kore, for the Second Day of the Week, 47.

Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, in the city of our God, in His holy mountain, in the well-rooted joy of all the earth. The mountains of Sion on the sides of the north, the city of the great King. God is known in her towers, when He cometh to help her. For lo, the kings of the earth were assembled; they came together. When they saw her thus they marvelled, they were troubled, they were shaken, trembling took hold of them; there were pangs as of a woman in travail. With a vehement wind shalt Thou shatter the ships of Tharsis. Even as we have heard, so too we have seen in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God. God hath laid her foundations unto eternity. We have thought, O God, of Thy mercy in the midst of Thy people. According to Thy name, O God, so is Thy praise also unto the ends of the earth; Thy right hand is full of righteousness. Let Mount Sion be glad, and let the daughters of Judea rejoice, because of Thy judgements, O Lord. Encircle Sion and encompass her; tell her story in her towers. Set your hearts upon her strength, and consider her bulwarks, that ye may tell it to another generation. For He is our God for ever, yea for ever and ever; He shall shepherd us unto the ages.

For the End: A Psalm for the Sons of Kore, 48.

Hear this, all ye nations; give ear, all ye that inhabit the world, Both ye that are born of earth, and ye sons of men, rich and poor men together. My mouth shall speak wisdom, and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding. I will incline mine ear unto a parable, I will unfold my problem on the psaltery. Wherefore should I fear in an evil day? The iniquity at my heel shall compass me about. There be some that trust in their strength, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches. A brother cannot redeem; shall a man redeem? He shall not give to God a ransom for himself, nor the price of the redemption of his own soul, though he hath laboured for ever, and shall live to the end. For he shall not see corruption, when he shall see wise men dying. The mindless man and the witless shall perish together, and they shall leave their riches to others. And their graves shall be their houses unto eternity, their dwelling places unto generation and generation, though they have called their lands after their own names. And man, being in honour, did not understand; he is compared to the mindless cattle, and is become like unto them. This way of theirs is a stumbling-block for them, yet afterwards they will please with their mouth. Like sheep they are laid in hades, death shall be their shepherd. And the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning, and their help shall wax old in hades; they have been cast out from their glory. Yet God shall redeem my soul out of the hand of hades, when he receiveth me. Be not afraid when a man becometh rich, nor when the glory of his house is increased. For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away, nor shall his glory descend after him. For his soul shall be blessed in his lifetime; he will acknowledge Thee while Thou doest good unto him. He shall enter into the generation of his fathers; he shall not see light unto eternity. And man, being in honour, did not understand; he is compared to the mindless cattle, and is become like unto them.

Glory.

A Psalm of Asaph, 49.

The God of gods, the Lord, hath spoken, and He hath called the earth from the rising of the sun and unto the setting thereof. Out of Sion is the magnificence of His comeliness. God shall come visibly, yea, our God, and shall not keep silence. Fire shall blaze before Him, and round about Him shall there be a mighty tempest. He shall summon heaven above and the earth that He may judge His people. Gather together unto Him His holy ones who have established His covenant upon sacrifices. And the heavens shall declare His righteousness, for God is judge. Hear, O my people, and I will speak unto thee, O Israel, and I will testify against thee; I am God, thy God. Not for sacrifices will I reprove thee; nay, thy whole-burnt offerings are continually before Me. I will not welcome bullocks out of thy house, nor he-goats out of thy flocks. For Mine are all the beasts of the field, cattle on the mountains, and oxen. I know all the fowls of the air, and with Me is the beauty of the field. If I hunger, not to thee will I tell it; for Mine is the world, and the fullness thereof. Shall I eat of the flesh of bulls? Or the blood of goats, shall I drink it? Sacrifice unto God a sacrifice of praise, and pay unto the Most High thy vows. And call upon Me in the day of thine affliction, and I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me. But unto the sinner God hath said: Why declarest thou My statutes and takest up My covenant in thy mouth? Thou hast hated instruction, and hast cast out My words behind thee. If thou sawest a thief, thou didst run with him; and with the adulterer thou hast set thy portion. Thy mouth hath abounded with evil, and thy tongue hath woven deceits. Thou didst sit down and speak against thy brother, and against thine own mother's son didst thou lay a stumbling-block; these things thou didst, and I kept silence. Thou didst think an iniquity, that I should be like unto thee; I will reprove thee, and bring thy sins before thy face. Wherefore, understand these things, ye that forget God, lest He snatch you away and there be none to deliver you. A sacrifice of praise shall glorify Me, and there is the way wherein I shall show unto him My salvation.

For the End: A Psalm of David. When Nathan the Prophet Came unto Him. When He Went in unto Bersabee, the Wife of Urias, 50.

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I know mine iniquity, and my sin is ever before me. Against Thee only have I sinned and done this evil before Thee, that Thou mightest be justified in Thy words, and prevail when Thou art judged. For behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sins did my mother bear me. For behold, Thou hast loved truth; the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom hast Thou made manifest unto me. Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be made clean; Thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow. Thou shalt make me to hear joy and gladness; the bones that be humbled, they shall rejoice. Turn Thy face away from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and with Thy governing Spirit establish me. I shall teach transgressors Thy ways, and the ungodly shall turn back unto Thee. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation; my tongue shall rejoice in Thy righteousness. O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise. For if Thou hadst desired sacrifice, I had given it; with whole-burnt offerings Thou shalt not be pleased. A sacrifice unto God is a broken spirit; a heart that is broken and humbled God will not despise. Do good, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Sion, and let the walls of Jerusalem be builded. Then shalt Thou be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole-burnt offerings. Then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

Glory.

For the End: Concerning the Instruction by David. When Doek the Idumean Came, and Declared to Saul, and Said unto Him: David is Come to the House of Abimelech, 51.

Why dost thou boast in evil, O mighty man, and in iniquity all the day long? Thy tongue hath devised unrighteousness, like a sharpened razor hast thou wrought deceit. Thou hast loved evil more than goodness, unrighteousness more than to speak righteousness. Thou hast loved all the words of engulfing ruin, and a deceitful tongue. Wherefore, God will destroy thee at the end, He will pluck thee out and remove thee from thy dwelling place, and thy root out of the land of the living. The righteous shall see and fear, and shall laugh at him, and say: Lo, this is the man that made not God his helper, but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his vanity. But as for me, I am like a fruitful olive tree in the house of the Lord; I have hoped in the mercy of God for ever, and unto the ages of ages. I will give praise unto Thee for ever, for what Thou hast done, and I will wait on Thy name, for it is good before Thy saints.

For the End: Concerning Maeleth. Concerning Instruction by David, 52.

The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God. They are corrupt and are abominable in iniquities; there is none that doeth good. God looked down from heaven upon the sons of man, to see if there be any that understand or seek after God. They are all gone astray, they are altogether rendered useless; there is none that doeth good, no not one. Shall not all they that work iniquity come to understanding, they that eat up my people as they eat bread? They have not called upon the Lord. There have they feared with fear where no fear is. For God hath scattered the bones of man-pleasers; they have been put to shame, because God hath set them at nought. Who shall give out of Sion the salvation of Israel? When God hath turned back the captivity of His people, Jacob shall rejoice and Israel shall be glad.

For the End: Among the Hymns of Instruction by David. When the Ziphites Came, and Said to Saul: Lo, is not David Hidden with Us? 53

O God, in Thy name save me, and in Thy strength do Thou judge me. O God, hearken unto my prayer, give ear unto the words of my mouth. For strangers are risen up against me, and mighty men have sought after my soul and have not set God before themselves. For behold, God helpeth me, and the Lord is the protector of my soul. He will bring evils upon mine enemies. Utterly destroy them by Thy truth. Willingly shall I sacrifice unto Thee; I will confess Thy name, O Lord, for it is good. For out of every affliction hast Thou delivered me, and mine eye hath looked down upon mine enemies.

For the End: Among the Hymns of Instruction by David, 54.

Give ear, O God, unto my prayer, and disdain not my supplication; attend unto me, and hear me. I was grieved in my meditation, and I was troubled at the voice of the enemy and at the oppression of the sinner; Because they have turned iniquity upon me, and with wrath were they angry against me. My heart is troubled within me, and the terror of death is fallen upon me. Fear and trembling are come upon me, and darkness hath covered me. And I said: Who will give me wings like a dove? And I will fly, and be at rest. Lo, I have fled afar off and have dwelt in the wilderness. I waited for God that saveth me from faintheartedness and from tempest. Plunge them into the depths, O Lord, and divide their tongues, for I have seen iniquity and gainsaying in the city. Day and night they go round about her upon her walls; iniquity and toil and unrighteousness are in the midst of her. And usury and deceit have not departed from her streets. For if mine enemy had reviled me, I might have endured it. And if he that hateth me had spoken boastful words against me, I might have hid myself from him. But thou it was, O man of like soul with me, my guide and my familiar friend, Thou who together with me didst sweeten my repasts; in the house of God I walked with thee in oneness of mind. Let death come upon such ones, and let them go down alive into hades. For wickedness is in their dwellings, and in the midst of them. As for me, unto God have I cried, and the Lord hearkened unto me. Evening, morning, and noonday will I tell of it and will declare it, and He will hear my voice. He will redeem my soul in peace from them that draw nigh unto me, for they among many were with me. God will hear, and He will humble them, He that is before the ages. For to them there is no requital, because they have not feared God; He hath stretched forth His hand in retribution. They have defiled His covenant; they were scattered by the wrath of His countenance, and their hearts have convened. Their words were smoother than oil, and yet they are darts. Cast thy care upon the Lord, and He will nourish thee; He will never permit the righteous to be shaken. But Thou, O God, shalt bring those men down into the pit of destruction. Bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but as for me, O Lord, I will hope in Thee.

Glory.

Eighth Kathisma

For the End: Concerning the People Distant from the Holies. By David, for a Pillar Inscription. When the Foreigners Took Him in Geth, 55.

Have mercy on me, O God, for man hath trodden me down all the day long; making war, he hath afflicted me. Mine enemies have trodden me down all the day long, for many are they that war against me from on high. By day I shall not fear; but as for me, I will hope in Thee. In God will I commend my words, in God I have set my hope; I will not fear what flesh shall do to me. All the day long they detested my words, all their thoughts were against me for evil. They will dwell near and will hide themselves; they will watch where I set my heel, even as they have waited for my soul. On no account wilt Thou save them, in wrath wilt Thou bring down the peoples, O God. My life have I declared unto Thee; Thou hast set my tears before Thee. Even as in Thy promise, mine enemies shall be turned back. In what day soever I shall call upon Thee, behold, I know that Thou art God. In God will I praise His word, in the Lord will I praise His speech; in God have I put my hope, I will not fear what man shall do unto me. In me, O God, there be vows, which I will render in praise of Thee. For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from sliding, that I may be well-pleasing before the Lord in the light of the living.

For the End: Destroy not. By David; for a Pillar Inscription. When He Fled from the Presence of Saul to the Cave, 56.

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for my soul trusted in Thee. And in the shadow of Thy wings will I hope, until iniquity shall pass away. I will cry unto God the Most High, unto God my benefactor. He hath sent out of heaven and saved me, He hath given over to reproach them that were trampling me down. God hath sent forth His mercy and His truth, and hath delivered my soul from the midst of lions' cubs; I lay me down to sleep as one troubled. As for the sons of men, their teeth are weapons and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword. Be Thou exalted above the heavens, O God, and Thy glory above all the earth. They have prepared a snare for my feet, and bowed down my soul. They have dug a pit before my face and have fallen into it themselves. Ready is my heart, O God, ready is my heart; I will sing and chant in my glory. Awake, O my glory; awake, O psaltery and harp; I myself will awake at dawn. I will confess Thee among the peoples, O Lord, I will chant unto Thee among the nations. For magnified even unto the heavens is Thy mercy, and Thy truth even unto the clouds. Be Thou exalted above the heavens, O God, and Thy glory above all the earth.

For the End: Destroy not. By David; For a Pillar Inscription, 57.

If ye indeed speak of righteousness, judge rightly, ye sons of men. For in your heart ye work iniquity in the earth; your hands weave unrighteousness. Even from the womb, sinners are estranged; even from the belly, they are gone astray, they have spoken lies. Their rage is like that of a serpent, like that of an asp that is deaf and stoppeth her ears, Which shall not hearken to the voice of the charmers, nor is spellbound by the spells of a wizard. God will shatter their teeth in their mouth, the great teeth of the lions the Lord hath broken. They shall vanish like passing waters; He will bend His bow till they be weakened. Like wax that is melted shall they be taken away; fire hath fallen upon them and they saw not the sun. Before your thorns can know their brier, while they are yet alive, in His wrath shall He swallow them up. The righteous man shall be glad, when he seeth the avengement, he shall wash his hands in the blood of the sinner. And man shall say: If indeed there is fruit for the righteous man, there is indeed a God that judgeth them upon the earth.

Glory.

For the End: Destroy not. By David; For a Pillar Inscription. When Saul Sent and Watched His House to Slay Him, 58.

Rescue me from mine enemies, O God, and from them that rise up against me redeem me. Deliver me from them that work iniquity, and from men of blood do Thou save me. For lo, they have hunted after my soul, the mighty have set upon me. Neither is it mine iniquity, O Lord, nor my sin; without iniquity I ran, and directed my steps; arise to meet me, and behold. And Thou, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, be attentive to visit all the heathen; be not merciful to any that work iniquity. They shall return at evening, and shall hunger like dogs, and shall go round about the city. Behold, they shall utter sounds with their mouth, and a sword is in their lips: For who, say they, hath heard? And Thou, O Lord, shalt laugh them to scorn; Thou shalt bring to nought all the heathen. O my Strength, I will keep watch for Thee, for Thou, O God, art my helper. As for my God, His mercy shall go before me; my God shall make it manifest unto me among mine enemies. Slay them not, lest at any time they forget Thy law; scatter them by Thy power, and bring them down, O Lord my defender. The sin of their mouth is the speech of their lips; yea, let them be taken captive in their pride. And from their curse and falsehood shall their final destruction be made known in the wrath of their utter destruction, and they shall be no more. And they shall know that God is sovereign of Jacob and of the ends of the earth. They shall return at evening, and shall hunger like dogs, and shall go round about the city. They shall be scattered abroad that they may eat; if they be not satisfied, they shall murmur. But as for me, I will sing of Thy power; and in the morning I will rejoice in Thy mercy. For Thou art become my helper and my refuge in the day of my tribulation. Thou art my helper, unto Thee will I chant; for Thou, O God, art my helper; O my God, Thou art my mercy.

For the End: Concerning Those Verses That Are to be Alternated; Furthermore, for the Pillar Inscription of David, for Instruction When He Had Burned Mesopotamia of Syria and Syrian Sobal, and Joab Had Returned and Had Smitten Edom. Even Twelve Thousand in the Valley of Salt, 59.

O God, Thou hast cast off and hast destroyed us; Thou hast been wroth and hast had pity upon us. Thou madest the earth to quake and troubled it; heal the breaches thereof, for it hath been shaken. Thou hast shown Thy people hard things, Thou hast made us to drink the wine of contrition. Thou hast given a sign unto them that fear Thee, that they may flee from before the face of the bow. That Thy beloved ones may be delivered, save Thou with Thy right hand and hearken unto me. God hath spoken in His sanctuary: I will rejoice and I will divide Sikima, and the vale of tabernacles will I measure out. Mine is Galaad, and Mine is Manasses, and Ephraim is the strength of My head. Judah is My king, Moab is the cauldron of My hope. Upon Idumea will I stretch out My shoe; the foreign tribes have been subjected unto Me. Who will bring me into a fortified city? Or who will lead me into Idumea? Wilt Thou not, O God, Who hast spurned us? And wilt Thou not, O God, go forth with our forces? Give us help from affliction, for vain is the salvation of man. In God we shall work mighty deeds, and He will bring to nought them that afflict us.

For the End: Among the Hymns of David, 60.

Hearken, O God, unto my supplication; attend unto my prayer. From the ends of the earth unto Thee have I cried, when my heart was despondent; on a rock hast Thou lifted me on high. Thou hast guided me, for Thou art become my hope, a tower of strength against the face of the enemy. I will dwell in Thy tabernacle unto the ages, I shall be sheltered in the shelter of Thy wings. For Thou, O God, hast heard my prayers; Thou hast given an inheritance to them that fear Thy name. Days shalt Thou add to the days of the king, his years unto days for generation and generation. He shall abide before the face of God in the age to come. As for His mercy and truth, who shall seek them out? So will I chant unto Thy name unto the ages, that I may pay my vows from day to day.

Glory.

For the End: A Psalm of David Concerning Idithum, 61.

Shall not my soul be subjected to God? For from Him is my salvation. For He is my God, my saviour and my helper, and I shall be shaken no more. How long do ye assail a man? Ye kill, all of you, as ye might assail a leaning wall and a tottering rampart. But they made plans to cast aside mine honour, they ran in falsehood; with their mouth they bless, but with their heart they curse. But be subject unto God, O my soul, for from Him is my patient endurance. For He is my God, my saviour and my helper, and I shall not be moved from hence. In God is my salvation and my glory; He is the God of my help, and my hope is in God. Hope in Him, all ye congregation of the peoples; pour out your hearts before Him, for God is our helper. For the sons of men are vain, the sons of men are a lie in the balance; out of vanity they gather themselves together that they might do injustice. Set not your hopes on injustice, and lust not after plunder; if riches flow in, set not your hearts thereon. Once hath God spoken; these two things have I heard, that dominion belongeth to God, and mercy is Thine, O Lord; for thou wilt render to every man according to his works.

A Psalm of David. When He Was in the Wilderness of Judea, 62.

O God, my God, unto Thee I rise early at dawn. My soul hath thirsted for Thee; how often hath my flesh longed after Thee in a land barren and untrodden and unwatered. So in the sanctuary have I appeared before Thee to see Thy power and Thy glory, For Thy mercy is better than lives; my lips shall praise Thee. So shall I bless Thee in my life, and in Thy name will I lift up my hands. As with marrow and fatness let my soul be filled, and with lips rejoicing shall my mouth praise Thee. If I remembered Thee on my bed, at the dawn I meditated on Thee. For Thou art become my helper; in the shelter of Thy wings will I rejoice. My soul hath cleaved after Thee, Thy right hand hath been quick to help me. But as for these, in vain have they sought after my soul; they shall go into the nethermost parts of the earth, they shall be surrendered unto the edge of the sword; portions for foxes shall they be. But the king shall be glad in God, everyone shall be praised that sweareth by Him; for the mouth of them is stopped that speak unjust things.

For the End: A Psalm of David, 63.

Hearken, O God, unto my prayer, when I make supplication unto Thee; rescue my soul from fear of the enemy. Shelter me from the concourse of them that do wickedness, from the multitude of them that work unrighteousness. They have sharpened their tongues like a sword, they have bent their bow, a bitter thing, that they may shoot in secret at the blameless man. Suddenly shall they shoot at him and shall not fear; they have strengthened themselves in a wicked word. They have spoken of hiding snares; they said: Who shall see them? They have searched after iniquity, in searching they are grown weary of searching. A man shall draw nigh, and the heart is deep; and God shall be exalted. As an arrow of infants are their blows, and their tongues are made strengthless against them. All that saw them were troubled, and every man was afraid. And they declared the works of God, and His deeds they understood. The righteous man shall be glad in the Lord, and shall hope in Him; and all the upright in heart shall be praised.

Glory.

Ninth Kathisma

For the End: A Canticle Psalm of David, an Ode Sung by Jeremias and Ezekiel and the Captive People When They Were About to Depart, 64.

To Thee is due praise, O God, in Sion; and unto Thee shall a vow be rendered in Jerusalem. Hearken unto my prayer, for unto Thee shall all flesh come. The words of lawless men have overpowered us, but to our ungodliness shalt Thou be merciful. Blessed is he whom Thou hast chosen and hast taken to Thyself; he shall dwell in Thy courts. We shall be filled with the good things of Thy house; holy is Thy temple, wonderful in righteousness. Hearken unto us, O God our Saviour, Thou hope of all the ends of the earth and of them that be far off at sea, Who settest fast the mountains by Thy strength, Who art girded round about with power, Who troublest the hollow of the sea; as for the roar of its waves, who shall withstand them? The heathen shall be troubled, and the dwellers of the farthest regions shall be afraid at Thy signs; Thou shalt make the outgoings of the morning and the evening to delight. Thou hast visited the earth and abundantly watered her; Thou hast multiplied the means of enriching her. The river of God is filled with waters; Thou hast prepared their food, for thus is the preparation thereof. Do Thou make her furrows drunk with water, multiply her fruits; in her showers will she be glad when she sprouteth forth. Thou shalt bless the crown of the year with Thy goodness, and Thy plains shall be filled with fatness. Enriched shall be the mountains of the wilderness, and the hills shall be girded with rejoicing. The rams of the flock have clothed themselves with fleece, and the valleys shall abound with wheat; they shall cry aloud, yea, they shall chant hymns unto Thee.

For the End: A Psalmic Ode of Resurrection, 65.

Shout with jubilation unto the Lord all the earth; chant ye unto His name, give glory in praise of Him. Say unto God: How awesome are Thy works! In the multitude of Thy power shall Thine enemies be proved false unto Thee. Let all the earth worship Thee and chant unto Thee; let them chant unto Thy name, O Most High. Come and see the works of the Lord, how awesome He is in His counsels, more than the sons of men. He turneth the sea into dry land; in the river shall they pass through on foot. There shall we rejoice in Him, in Him that is ruler in His sovereignty for ever. His eyes look upon the nations; let not them that embitter Him be exalted in themselves. O bless our God, ye nations, and make the voice of His praise to be heard, Who hath established my soul in life, and permitteth not my feet to be shaken. For Thou hast proved us, O God, and by fire hast Thou tried us even as silver is tried by fire. Thou hast brought us into the snare, Thou hast laid afflictions upon our back, Thou madest men to mount upon our heads. We went through fire and water, and Thou didst bring us out into refreshment. I will go into Thy house with a whole-burnt offering; to Thee will I pay my vows which my lips pronounced and which my mouth had spoken in mine affliction. Whole-burnt offerings full of marrow will I offer unto Thee, with incense and rams; oxen and goats will I offer unto Thee. Come and hear, and I will declare unto you, all ye that fear God, what things He hath done for my soul. Unto Him with my mouth have I cried, and I exalted Him with my tongue. If in my heart I regarded unrighteousness, let the Lord not hear me. Wherefore God hath hearkened unto me, He hath been attentive to the voice of my supplication. Blessed is God Who hath not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy away from me.

For the End: Among the Hymns. A Canticle Psalm of David, 66.

God be gracious unto us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us and have mercy on us, That we may know upon the earth Thy way, among all the nations Thy salvation. Let the peoples give Thee praise, O God, let all the peoples praise Thee. Let the nations be glad and rejoice, for Thou shalt judge peoples with uprightness; and nations shalt Thou guide upon the earth. Let the peoples give Thee praise, O God, let all the peoples praise Thee; the earth hath yielded her fruit. Let God, our God, bless us; let God bless us, and let all the ends of the earth fear Him.

Glory.

For the End: A Canticle Psalm of David, 67.

Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered, and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. As smoke vanisheth, so let them vanish; as wax melteth before the fire, so let sinners perish at the presence of God. And let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice in the presence of God, let them delight in gladness. Sing unto God, chant unto His name; prepare ye the way for Him that rideth upon the setting of the sun. Lord is His name; yea, rejoice before Him. Let them be troubled at His presence, Who is a father of orphans and a judge to the widows. God is in His holy place, God settleth the solitary in a house, Mightily leading forth them that were shackled, and likewise them that embitter Him, them that dwell in tombs. O God, when Thou wentest forth before Thy people, when Thou didst traverse the wilderness, The earth was shaken and the heavens dropped dew, at the presence of the God of Sinai, at the presence of the God of Israel. A rain freely given shalt Thou ordain, O God, for Thine inheritance; yea, it became weak, but Thou shalt restore it. Thy living creatures shall dwell therein; Thou hast prepared it in Thy goodness for the poor man, O God. The Lord shall give speech with great power to them that bring good tidings. He that is the King of the hosts of His beloved one shall divide the spoils for the beauty of the house. Even if ye sleep among the lots, ye shall have the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her pinions of sparkling gold. When He that is in the heavens ordaineth kings over her, they shall be made snow-white in Selmon. The mountain of God is a butter mountain, a curdled mountain, a butter mountain. Why suppose ye that there be other curdled mountains? This is the mountain wherein God is pleased to dwell, yea, for the Lord will dwell therein to the end. The chariot host of God is ten thousandfold, yea, thousands of them that abound in number; the Lord is among them at Sinai, in His holy place. Thou hast ascended on high, Thou leddest captivity captive, Thou didst receive gifts among men (yea, for they were disobedient) that Thou mightest dwell there. Blessed is the Lord God, blessed is the Lord day by day; the God of our salvation shall prosper us along the way. Our God is the God of salvation, and the pathways leading forth from death are those of the Lord's Lord. But God shall crush the heads of His enemies, the hairy crown of them that continue in their trespasses. The Lord said: I will return from Basan. I will return in the deeps of the sea, That thy foot may be dipped in blood, yea, the tongue of thy dogs in that of thine enemies. Thy processionals have been seen, O God, the processionals of my God, of my King Who is in His sanctuary. Princes went before, and after them the chanters, in the midst of timbrel-playing maidens. In congregations bless ye God, the Lord from the well-springs of Israel. Yonder is Benjamin the younger in rapture, the princes of Judah their rulers, the princes of Zabulon, the princes of Nephthalim. Give Thou command, O God, unto Thy hosts; strengthen, O God, this which Thou hast wrought in us. Because of Thy temple in Jerusalem, kings shall bring gifts unto Thee. Rebuke the wild beasts of the reed, that congregation of bulls among the heifers of the peoples, lest they exclude them that have been proved like silver. Scatter the nations that desire wars; ambassadors shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall hasten to stretch out her hand unto God. Ye kingdoms of the earth, sing unto God; chant ye unto the Lord, unto Him that rideth the heaven of heaven towards the dayspring. Lo, He will utter with His voice a voice of power. Give ye glory unto God; His magnificence is over Israel and His power is in the clouds. Wondrous is God in His saints; the God of Israel, He will give power and strength unto His people. Blessed is God.

Glory.

For the End: Concerning Those Verses That Are to be Alternated. A Psalm of David, 68.

Save me, O God, for the waters are come in unto my soul. I am stuck fast in the mire of the deep, and there is no sure standing. I am come into the deeps of the sea, and a tempest hath overwhelmed me. I am grown weary with crying, my throat is become hoarse; from my hoping in my God, mine eyes have failed me. They that hate me without a cause are multiplied more than the hairs of my head. Mine enemies are grown strong, they that persecute me unjustly; then did I restore that which I took not away. O God, Thou knowest my foolishness, and my transgressions are not hid from Thee. Let not them that wait on Thee be ashamed for my sake, O Lord, Thou Lord of hosts. Nor let them that seek after Thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel. Because for Thy sake I have borne reproach, shame hath covered my face. I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto the sons of my mother. For the zeal of Thy house hath eaten me up, and the reproaches of them that reproach Thee are fallen on me. Yea, with fasting I covered my soul, and it was turned into a reproach for me. And I made sackcloth my clothing, and I became a proverb to them. And they prated against me, they that sit in the gates; and they made a song about me, they that drink wine. But as for me, with my prayer I cry unto Thee, O Lord; it is time for Thy good pleasure. O God, in the multitude of Thy mercy hearken unto me, in the truth of Thy salvation. Save me from the mire, that I be not stuck therein; let me be delivered from them that hate me and from the deeps of the waters. Let not the tempest of water overwhelm me, nor let the deep swallow me up, nor let the pit shut its mouth upon me. Hearken unto me, O Lord, for Thy mercy is good; according to the multitude of Thy compassions, look upon me. Turn not Thy countenance away from Thy servant, for I am afflicted; quickly hearken unto me. Attend unto my soul and deliver it; because of mine enemies, rescue me. For Thou knowest my reproach, my shame and my humiliation. Before Thee are all that afflict me; my soul hath awaited reproach and misery. And I waited for one that would grieve with me, but there was no one; and for them that would comfort me, but I found none. And they gave me gall for my food, and for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink. Let their table before them be for a snare, for a recompense and for a stumbling-block. Let their eyes be darkened that they may not see, and their back do Thou continually bow down. Pour out upon them Thy wrath, and let the fury of Thy wrath take hold upon them. Let their habitation be made desolate, and in their tents let there be none to dwell. For they persecuted him whom Thou hast smitten, and to the pain of my wounds have they added. Add iniquity to their iniquity, and let them not enter into Thy righteousness. Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and with the righteous let them not be written. Poor and in sorrow am I; may Thy salvation, O God, be quick to help me. I will praise the name of my God with an ode, I will magnify Him with praise. And this shall please God more than a young calf that hath horns and hooves. Let beggars behold it and be glad; seek after God, and your soul shall live. For the Lord hath hearkened unto the poor and hath not despised them that are fettered for His sake. Let the heavens and the earth praise Him, the sea and all the creeping things therein. For God will save Sion, and the cities of Judea shall be builded; and they shall dwell therein and inherit it. And the seed of Thy servants shall possess it, and they that love Thy name shall dwell therein.

For the End: David's. In Remembrance. That the Lord May Save Me, 69.

O God, be attentive unto helping me; O Lord, make haste to help me. Let them be shamed and confounded that seek after my soul. Let them be turned back and brought to shame that desire evils against me. Let them be turned back straightway in shame that say unto me: Well done! Well done! Let them be glad and rejoice in Thee all that seek after Thee, O God, and let them that love Thy salvation say continually: The Lord be magnified. But as for me, I am poor and needy; O God, come unto mine aid. My helper and my deliverer art Thou, O Lord; make no long tarrying.

Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment